Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chain of Command

Chain of Command 02 Mar 2014 09:05 #1

• MickA
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
I bought Chain of Command yesterday and from what I've read so far its a much more historical alternative to Bolt Action but just as playable.
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Chain of Command 02 Mar 2014 09:50 #2

• suntzu
i have the pdf as well , but i want to try bolt action before , also i have force on force which has a ww2 add-on

Rob

Chain of Command 02 Mar 2014 10:39 #3

• Raedwulf
suntzu wrote:
i have the pdf as well , but i want to try bolt action before , also i have force on force which has a ww2 add-on

Rob

I'm very keen on Force on Force, but wasn't aware of much in the way of an official WW2 supplement. Peggy Carpenter at Ambush Alley told me that now that they are no longer publishing through Osprey, they are going to slow down the pace at which they produce supplements, but a WW2 set of rules is being contemplated. At present, as far as I know, the only WW2 related material is some small scale scenarios in the 'Classified - Special Operation Missions 1940-2010' supplement. The forum contains some 'unofficial' rules, and at Colours last year there was a demo game using Force on Force set in England under Nazi invasion, for which I have a copy of their amendments.

Is any of this what you are referring to, or have I missed the release? I have some figures for Bolt Action, but don't think much of the rules, whereas Force on Force grabbed my interest from the start and seems to me to have some unique and easily understandable and playable methods of representing complex situations on the table top. I'm keeping my figures in eager anticipation of a WW2 Force on Force game, and am having to control my impatience at their slow arrival.

Ralph

Chain of Command 02 Mar 2014 10:46 #4

• suntzu
i bought the first edition , which is no longer available , in it there are amendments for ww2

Rob
Last Edit: 02 Mar 2014 10:48 by suntzu.

Chain of Command 02 Mar 2014 11:50 #5

• MickA
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Try and have a look at Chain of Command Ralph, there are some great ideas that make it very realistic without over complicating things.

Rob, how do you fancy doing the Bolt Action game this week as planned then trying the same set up with Chain of Command the following week?
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything...

Chain of Command 02 Mar 2014 12:07 #6

• suntzu
yes that sounds good mick , just printed and comb binded CoC so will have a little read in between doing my next ww2 skirmish force which is DAK but have to find a theme for them yet

Rob
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds