Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: North Africa - 6mm or 10mm?

North Africa - 6mm or 10mm? 24 Jan 2014 20:55 #1

• Brett
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
The question is, would the North Africa campaign be best represented in 6mm or 10mm?

Also, what rules are available? I don't mean some set that means that one base equals a Division, or something equally silly!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

North Africa - 6mm or 10mm? 24 Jan 2014 22:54 #2

• Fastbreeze
Scale:
Based on the amount of 6mm already held by Rob and myself, (we both have a forces representing all combatants) I would suggest utilising them. This would be preferable I believe, rather than spending more hard cash and increasing our metal mountains.

Rules: Four spring to mind, namely Blitzkrieg Commander, Battlegroup Pz Grenadier, Rapid Fire and Micro Armour the War Game. All can be played multiplayer.

Blitzkrieg Commander: Derivative of War Master from a command perspective, a buckets of dice type game. Played by many members of the club with varying success. Useful on line army builder, and forum support. Simplified weapon capabilities.

Battlegroup Pz Grenadier: Author Dave Brown, he is shortly to publish Ver 3. More streamlined I believe. Nice rules from both a command and fog of war perspective. I am currently working up data sheets and a more usable QRS. Realistic game play, from all arms Coy/Bn level action.

Rapid Fire: I am not overly familiar with, but I did note mention that it has been played in by members in 6mm.

Micro Armour: The rules have been rewritten, incorporating the original, modern and 1:1 all within one volume. Game created by a former USMC artillery man, therefore the arty are realistic given this is a game. 1 stand = 1 platoon. Many scenarios already covering key North Africa engagements.

North Africa - 6mm or 10mm? 09 Feb 2014 15:46 #3

• Brett
  • Administrator
Ordered the "Monty's Battles" Rapid Fire from eBay today for a good deal and free postage. It sets out orders of battle from Company to Divisional level.

North Africa - 6mm or 10mm? 21 Feb 2014 10:26 #4

• Redders
  • Administrator
I'm more interested in 10mm, because you can never have enough lead and I like to see what I'm fighting.
I would go for Rapid fire as the club is developing some experience in this set which works nicely for battalion level games.

Also I may be up for some 28mm dessert skirmish in bolt action, my brave Italian boys are almost ready to fight for the honour of Il Duce, I just need some mortars, I won't bother with transport -ha ha

North Africa - 6mm or 10mm? 21 Feb 2014 20:08 #5

• Brett
  • Administrator
Yes, I'm definitely doing 10mm and will be using Rapid Fire, although Bill's Mission Control should be good as well.

I do have a box of Perry 28mm Afrika Korps infantry that I haven't built yet, so Bolt Action may be an idea as well........

North Africa - 6mm or 10mm? 24 Feb 2014 10:21 #6

• Redders
  • Administrator
I have started researching the desert campaign and 2RTR as there is a family connection. I'm definately up for a Desert rats force 10mm and some in 28mm (see boltaction)- I fancy some early/mid stuff Vickers Lt/Cruisers/valentines what period do you think, it changes dramatically through the campaign?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds