Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to track what ships have moved

How to track what ships have moved 06 Mar 2014 00:13 #1

• James
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
There's no cure for making us all play Dystopian Wars...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to track what ships have moved 06 Mar 2014 09:01 #2

• Raedwulf
I can highly recommend Litko markers - I use them for a great number of things. No need to purchase them from the States as Figures in Comfort are the official EU distributor:

www.figuresincomfort.net/catalogue/litko/

The splash markers you mention I use to demonstrate how many batteries are firing on a particular target when playing Seekrieg 5; one marker per battery and it's an easy visual reminder to allow for over concentration of fire. For tracking movement I would suggest the smoke screen markers as these look more like the trails of smoke likely to come from steam engines:

www.figuresincomfort.net/catalogue/litko...ke-screen-variety-4/

For Dystopian Wars you can also use markers to show which models are in clouds - I use the larger smoke markers but Litko do specific cloud markers:

P1010006a.jpg

Litko also have useful flame markers, iceburgs, and even nuclear explosions to portray those really catastrophic events. Here's a picture of some types in use in a pre-Dreadnought game I played a while ago:
P1010044.jpg

One word of warning though; they usually require a small amount of assembly. Sometimes the slots are a little tight and the plastic a little brittle, so as you push the lug of one part into the slot of another it can split the piece open. Also don't use superglue to glue the pieces together, as the vapours from it give an opaque stain and spoil the appearance.

Ralph
Last Edit: 06 Mar 2014 09:03 by Raedwulf.

How to track what ships have moved 07 Mar 2014 23:39 #3

• James
  • Administrator
Tell me about it. I'm happy if over 50% of a litko bag assembles without shattering. I've got some of their small explosions - we used them for Aeronef IIRC - and they certainly do the job.

How to track what ships have moved 08 Mar 2014 11:19 #4

• MickA
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
I was thinking of doing some wake trails out of plasticard to put behind my ships, admittedly not so useful for flyers...
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything...

How to track what ships have moved 14 Mar 2014 23:00 #5

• James
  • Administrator
And going back to the conversation Weds about how crap the counters can look, maybe the red/black explosions could replace the damage counters, the shell splashes above for AP lost... you'd still need to mark the criticals but every little helps..
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds