Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Club Website

The Club Website 16 Jan 2014 23:27 #1

  • William
  • William's Avatar
Comments were requested elsewhere re. the club website so:

For Whatever It's Worth, I like the website. It seems clear and well laid out. The scrolling(?) photos of figures/kit are a good way of showing (part of) what we're about, and are pretty too.

Er, I'm probably being really dim, and it's doubtless staring me in the face, but I can't find the actual date of Legionary '14
anywhere on the site. I know there's the very prominent countdown feature, but I really can't be bothered to count through 100+ days in my diary to figure out when the show is, and perhaps more casual visitors won't bother either. Or maybe it's a deliberate "teaser" campaign?

Oh, and I doubt that anybody cares except me, but it's "alternative history", not "alternate history". I expect it's too late to change it, and I doubt anyone else would care enough to take the trouble to change it, but it leaps out at me every time I view the page (forum topic headings). <sigh>

Otherwise I do really like the website, and am grateful to the people who created it and provided content. I think it'll be a very positive club resource.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Club Website 17 Jan 2014 19:38 #2

  • Brett
  • Brett's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 318
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 2
Thanks for the feedback William. I'll add the Legionary date
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Club Website 21 Jan 2014 18:44 #3

  • OCSAdmin
  • OCSAdmin's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • The Ancient
  • Posts: 16
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
William wrote:
Comments were requested elsewhere re. the club website so:

For Whatever It's Worth, I like the website. It seems clear and well laid out. The scrolling(?) photos of figures/kit are a good way of showing (part of) what we're about, and are pretty too.

Thanks for the appreciation - there were a lot of hours spent trying out different combinations of components and getting things mostly working before the site was released.
Most of the header pictures are on loan from the Plymouth club, until such time as some suitable replacements can be found amongst Exmouth members' pictures.

William wrote:
Er, I'm probably being really dim, and it's doubtless staring me in the face, but I can't find the actual date of Legionary '14 anywhere on the site. I know there's the very prominent countdown feature, but I really can't be bothered to count through 100+ days in my diary to figure out when the show is, and perhaps more casual visitors won't bother either. Or maybe it's a deliberate "teaser" campaign?

That was probably caused by me leaving things out when I copied text from the old sites - I ignored what appeared to be hopelessly aged entries, which turned out to be a mistake! Brett has added more info to various articles, and I have modified the teaser.

William wrote:
Oh, and I doubt that anybody cares except me, but it's "alternative history", not "alternate history".

Good point - fixed

William wrote:
Otherwise I do really like the website, and am grateful to the people who created it and provided content. I think it'll be a very positive club resource.

Glad you like it - do let us know if you spot anything else that needs fixing!

John
John Orange

Club Web Site:
Plymouth Association of Wargamers

Family Web Site: The Oranges
Last Edit: 21 Jan 2014 18:45 by OCSAdmin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William

The Club Website 21 Jan 2014 19:58 #4

  • MickA
  • MickA's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 160
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
You've done a great job John, many thanks.

Is it possible to have a PM option put on here?
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Club Website 21 Jan 2014 22:02 #5

  • OCSAdmin
  • OCSAdmin's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • The Ancient
  • Posts: 16
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
MickA:

The Kunena forum software doesn't offer the functionality as a built-in, because they recommend 3rd-party plug-ins

I need to test the most popular candidates, to make sure they won't break anything before I roll them out.

For reasons I'm sure you can guess, I won't have time to do any testing until after PAW 2014...
John Orange

Club Web Site:
Plymouth Association of Wargamers

Family Web Site: The Oranges
Last Edit: 21 Jan 2014 22:03 by OCSAdmin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds