Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crescent and Cross released at Salute?

Crescent and Cross released at Salute? 29 Jan 2014 23:02 #1

• Brett
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
According to page 8 of the latest Miniature Wargames, this will be released at Salute, but we'll see. I'm not so sure based on my conversations with Ralph and he is in the know as it were....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crescent and Cross released at Salute? 03 Feb 2014 17:19 #2

• Raedwulf
Alex says that although they are working towards a release at Salute, they will not rush out the product in an imperfect condition. So the best I can say is maybe.

Ralph

Crescent and Cross released at Salute? 03 Feb 2014 19:02 #3

• Brett
  • Administrator
Ok, well at least that's a positive response from them Ralph. I'd be surprised if it isn't ready for Salute, as they would probably sell a lot through pre-orders and on the day in theory, but we'll see.

Thanks for the update.

Brett

Crescent and Cross released at Salute? 15 Mar 2014 09:45 #4

• Raedwulf
For anyone interested who hasn't looked at the Gripping Beast website recently:

grippingbeast.com/webpage.php?PageID=1044

Looks like minis (4 point starter sets for two factions and box of plastic Arabs), faction dice, transfers are all certain to be available at Salute, and rulebook "reasonably certain". Pre-ordering essential to avoid disappointment.

Ralph

Crescent and Cross released at Salute? 20 Mar 2014 10:39 #5

• Raedwulf
Bad news - Gripping Beast have just announced that the rulebook for C&C will not be ready until May. If you purchase their four point starter sets then you will get the relevant board and faction rules as an insert, but this isn't much use if you only want to buy the dice, or only buy one faction as you won't be able to game unless you find an opponent who has also purchased a faction. Still, not much longer to wait.

This is what they say:

"SALUTE.
We are very disappointed.
C&C will now be released in May.
However, we are going to include in the special SALUTE pre-release Crusader & Saracen 4 Point Starter Warbands an insert that will include the relevant Faction list, rules and Battle Board for your faction so that you can start gaming right away. Please note, these factions are compatible with your existing SAGA forces. At the show we still have all the re-enforcement blisters for the Crusaders and Saracens and the Christian and Islamic dice.
We will be running several demo/participation games of C&C on the day featuring the new figures for all 6 of the Crescent & Cross factions.

Sorry for the bad news, "

Ralph

Crescent and Cross released at Salute? 20 Mar 2014 18:25 #6

• Brett
  • Administrator
Hi Ralph

Yes, I found out yesterday from Andy at Gripping Beast, so I've pre-ordered the Crusader Factions dice set.

:(

Cheers

Brett
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds