Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Black Powder: 18thC Battalion Guns

Black Powder: 18thC Battalion Guns 09 Oct 2014 07:54 #1

• Who?
So we got it VERY wrong in the Austro-Prussian SYW game last night. Because I was the umpire I will now pass the blame to the subversive tendencies of Brad and Beef who broke the rules (ignorance is no excuse) ... NAY they even re-wrote the rules to their own Napoleonic advantage!! :ohmy: Anyway:

1. Page 34: Battalion guns can only move ONCE per turn. Not three that Brad managed to achieve (he even thought they were FPW Krupps at one stage!) ... this means infantry who want to move three turns will have to leave behind their guns causing command problems latter on to bring them up. Suggest once guns are un-attached they must receive a separate order per base and they cannot be grouped.

2. Page 54: Battalion guns range is 24"/cm and not 36"/cm. Although I wrote the Army lists I'd still like to blame someone else so I guess this one is down to (thinking for a minute before randomly choosing) ... Franglais. Thus ranges are 24"/cm for long range (1 die); 12"/cm for medium range (2 dice); 6"/cm for close range (3 dice).

3. Page 57: Charging: There was some excitable moments of Austrian Cuirassiers charging through their own lines down hill; there is an area of un-clarity (does that word exist?) in the rules. However, I will use the following - If a unit can see another unit CLEARLY without obstructions (buildings, trees, troops, spaceships, ice cream vans etc) at the start of a turn during initiative or command then it can charge.

Is that clear? Any dissenters will be requested to sign out the Club Webley after the 'Nine O'clock' and do the honourable thing. That is all, carry on.
Last Edit: 09 Oct 2014 07:55 by Who?. Reason: Because
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Black Powder: 18thC Battalion Guns 09 Oct 2014 08:08 #2

• Who?
Prussian SYW guns massed .... no, no, no .... :ohmy:
Attachments:

Black Powder: 18thC Battalion Guns 10 Oct 2014 18:38 #3

• Brett
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
I agree Dave, especially with the charging, otherwise it gets silly as I've experienced in games myself.

Looking at the size of the battle, perhaps less guns are required, but make them light field guns and then just increase the shooting dice by 1 per Battalion to take into account their Battalion guns.

It's just a suggestion to make things easier all round.

Black Powder: 18thC Battalion Guns 11 Oct 2014 22:34 #4

• Who?
I think LESS arty models on the table for a start; reducing clutter. Battalion guns (if present) should add some shooting value but not excessive ... thinking a cunning plan ...

Black Powder: 18thC Battalion Guns 12 Oct 2014 07:58 #5

• suntzu
That was my original suggestion when we started the game , i give each battalion an extra 1d6 and only hitting on a 6 at up to 24 cm only

Rob
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds