Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 15mm, What Measurements Are People Going To Use?

15mm, What Measurements Are People Going To Use? 08 Mar 2014 11:59 #1

• MickA
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
We used cm last Wednesday on a single table but it took almost six turns before any real firing began. Inches give more realistic ranges but can make movement too extreme (especially vehicles on roads). The next game I think we will either try cm again but on a 3'x2' playing area or inches on a 6'x4'.
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

15mm, What Measurements Are People Going To Use? 08 Mar 2014 13:24 #2

• Brett
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Personally, I was going to stick to inches, as that makes the weapon ranges more realistic, but I understand what you mean about the vehicle movement.

It's an abstract set of rules designed for tournaments. Don't get me wrong, I like them and enjoy playing the game, but if you want accuracy you need to look at other rule sets.

I have to say that Bill's Mission Command rules are good and accurate.

15mm, What Measurements Are People Going To Use? 08 Mar 2014 15:15 #3

• suntzu
since the game was designed to be played on a 6' by 4' using inches , with each figure on an inch base

we mount ours on 2 cm bases there for to get the same net fire dice per frontage we should use double cm to give the same results which gives a towel of 144 cm by 96 cm or about 5'6"' by 3'3" so with that in mind a 6' by 4' but we would need to start slightly closer together and ignore a little of the sides

however i do not have enough terrain to fill a 6 x 4 without having lots of open ground and having the power of the game changed to a shooting match between large guns and mortars

Rob

15mm, What Measurements Are People Going To Use? 13 Mar 2014 22:15 #4

• MickA
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
We used inches with 15mm last night and it worked really well. Giving it another go next week.
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything...
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds